Required orientation Class, 2 hours - Jan. 19th, 10:00 am- 12:00 pm
Weekly Classes, 2.5 hours -
Mondays 9:30 am - 12:00 pm, February 5th - March 26th
All-Day Retreat, 5 hours - Saturday March 17th - 10 am - 3 pm
Maximum Participants: 12
Fee: $300 (tuition and materials included) by January 19th;
$350 (tuition and materials) after January 19th.
Sports and Wellness Physical Therapy
3306 S West Shore Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program, developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn, is an eight week program that helps train the mind and the body to become more stable and insightful, thereby increasing optimal functioning, well-being and happiness.
Several clinical research studies have demonstrated how this secular, scientific, evidence-based practice of mindfulness practices can:
• Reduce stress hormones and inflammation
• Reduce anxiety, depression, rumination and emotional reactivity
• Increase your ability to manage chronic pain
• Increase cognitive functioning, creativity, insight and mental clarity
• Increase emotional intelligence and resilience
• Boost your immune system to help fight off colds, flu and other diseases
• Increase serotonin levels, supporting positive mood, better sleep and digestion.
This MBSR course supports learning and integrating skills that enhance our ability to: Take care of our own body and mind and enhance a sense of well-being; cope with stress, pain, illness, and the challenges of everyday life; deal with distressing events, such as grief and loss, with grace and a sense of inner balance ; be fully present and alive as to enjoy life as it unfolds moment by moment; be connected to yourself and others.
Systematic guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices; gentle therapeutic yoga; group dialogue to support self-understanding and enhance awareness in everyday life; individually tailored instruction; group reflection and activities; daily home assignments; guided audio files for home practice and a workbook.
What it's like to take a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction course
9 Foundational Attitudes of Mindfulness